Invicta watches owe much to the foresight and vision of Raphael Picard. Picard was a Swiss watchmaker who strove to create timepieces of the highest quality, utilizing the best materials and components that were available to him. It became his parallel goal to ensure that the watches he made would be affordable for the average man, thus creating a niche market for Invicta that would serve the company well.
- Picard founded the Invicta Watch Company in the 1930s. As his operating base, he chose La Chaux-de-Fonds, situated close to the Swiss border with France, and an established center of trade and industry. Other well-known watchmakers were also based in La Chaux-de-Fonds, including Movado, Omega, TAG Heuer and Gallet.
- In 1937, Picard created the premier Invicta mechanical winding watch. It would be followed by men's and ladies' watches crafted in an array of automatic and winding styles, but all manufactured to the strictest measures of quality and precision. This was the Picard philosophy that became the Invicta trademark.
- The choice of "Invicta" for the company and watch name was as deliberate as the selection of La Chaux-de-Fonds as its headquarters. In Latin, "invicta" means "invincible."
- During the 1970s, the rise of quartz watches almost led to the fall of Invicta, which continued to produce timepieces of impeccable quality. Competing against a very new and cheaper product proved challenging. However, the philosophy of invincibility prevailed, and Invicta was able to ride the wave of a trend that almost put it out of business.
- Moving forward, Invicta strived to provide the market with new and better watches which also had distinctive features. An example is the Limited Edition Subaqua Noma with a genuine meteorite stone dial. Invicta also designs and manufactures watches for specific market sectors, like divers. For instance, the Invicta Titanium watch series with its 21-jewel movement, is water-resistant to a depth of 200 meters. Collectors are also part of the Invicta following.
- In 1991, the family of Raphael Picard sold the company to United States-based investment interests of Hollywood, Florida, where Invicta now has its headquarters. Brands of watches that come under the Invicta umbrella include Activa, Activa Kids, S. Coifman, Potger-Pietri and Poseidon. Invicta has recorded annual sales of over $50 million
We have held firm to the belief that supremely crafted timepieces can be offered for modest sums. This belief is the founding principal of our flagship and still drives us today. By honoring our convictions, we continue to turn the balance of power for all those who desire it and deliver true timing mastery. May all those who possess our timepieces and pass through our doors experience the quality, value and care in every piece we create as well as the spirit of never-ending possibilities in everything we do.
Invicta has set a timing precedent as masters of case complications. We have taken the meticulous art of case construction to new levels. The expertise and execution in design and case construction is intrinsic to our innovative reputation and style.
Still privately owned and operated, our founding principle and ideology resides at the core of all Invicta creations. In setting a criteria for exceptional standards, Invicta maintains their objective by successfully satisfying consumers and collectors alike at any price point.
Technical achievement expressed through ingenious design, seamlessly turns fans into dedicated collectors. Over half of Invicta consumers own 10 or more Invictas while we gain over 100,000 new such collectors annually. Because of this growth and the excitement generated amongst our collectors, we have created the Invicta Collectors Club. The Invicta Collector’s Club offers the loyal treatment for our most dedicated collectors. When a collector joins, they receive a sought after favorite, the Invicta High Impact Dive Case as well as access to special promotions designed specifically with our members in mind.
Utilizing high-quality materials generally found only in high-priced brands, Invicta generated tremendous intrigue winning over enthusiasts and retailers while confounding competitors. From skeletonized movements to a unique gold layering technique to exceptional construction, Invicta has become one of the most technically capable watchmakers in the world.
Our most notable is the Jason Taylor for Invicta collection. The collaboration between Invicta and Jason Taylor has resulted in a captivating range of options for the discerning customer that has enhanced our collection base. This collection is Limited Edition and offers reimagined concepts in timekeeping created by Jason Taylor and the Invicta design team. New designs, as well as existing masterpieces have been carefully selected and modified by Jason to capture his unique style and aesthetic.
Our evolving standards along with original concepts and execution in design are intrinsic aspects to the range of capability demonstrated in the performance and look of each watch. With more than 30 collections, Invicta is fully equipped to suit the most particular and diverse of tastes. With such a selection, we always aim to achieve creative and technical revelations from different points of view. Our collections embody an accomplished collective of engineering and design.
Latin for 'Invicible', Invicta is led by innovation and nurtured with the consistency of quality and brand personality. Founded more than a century ago in 1837 in Chiasso, Switzerland, with the belief that supremely crafted timepieces can be offered for modest sums, Invicta holds true to this objective today. Originally crafting mechanical and automatic timepieces, Invicta, like most brands of the time all but disappeared during the quartz movement in the 1970’s.After being re-established in the early 1990's, the forward thinking energy of The Invicta Watch Group continues its brazen journey. In 2000 we focused on designing a perfectly fitting, oversized timepiece. This focus delivered the professional dive watch, the Ocean Ghost, and the iconic Lupah collection. The brand has now grown to encompass over 30 diverse collections.
Invicta Watch Timeline of Achievement
1837 | 1970
1959 | 1991
1990s | 2000
2002 | 2004
2005 | 2006
2012 | 2012
2012 | 2013
2014 | 2015
2015 | 2016